Check out the gallery from Floyd’s Pro Cycling’s inaugural training camp. The gallery is a constellation of incredible photos taken by Brian Black Hodes of Veloimages, but it’s also an image of the team coming into being as a coherent whole for the first time.
That sense of things getting started gave the camp a festive feel as riders, staff, caterers, sponsors, media, equipment, vehicles… all gathered in the fiery, cacti-lined desert surrounding the unassuming Tucson mountains of Arizona.
2018 Colorado Classic Photos by Brian Hodes, Veloimages
• Our title sponsor, Floyd Landis, as well as Dave Zabriskie and others working with Floyd’s of Leadville rode with the team, had meals and took the time to explain their multiple business projects. Floyd also invited the Tucson cycling community to a party at the Culinary Dropout to launch the team and the start of Tyler Ohara’s season racing for Floyd’s of Leadville motorcycle. Tyler left for the Daytona 200 the following day.
• Edwin Bull of Van Dessel Cycles came to camp early, helped build bikes while hanging out with our mechanics and making sure we were set for the season. The amount of work Edwin has done for this team… wow. Seriously: wow.
• Marty Ryerson of Pioneer Cyclesports and Brian Cornelius of RBar Energy came by to explain their products and spent the time to better understand the needs of the riders and staff. Marty even presented Gord with a pair of KOM underwear, stating that’s as close as our legendary sprinter-now-director would ever get to wearing a polka dot jersey.
• Elizabeth Mikesell and Frances Zukowsky catered incredible food for the riders, with a focused attention on nutritional needs which was ‘disguised’ by consistently beautiful and tasty dishes. I mean everyone just grabbed a plate and ate.
• The photos will speak for themselves about the quality of work done by Brian Hodes, but his arrival to camp is always a highlight. He is one of the nicest, most interesting guys in cycling and just so friggin good. On day 1 Brian had us 5h ahead of schedule and this gallery only shows you a few of the shots he took. Stay tuned.